Cat programming language interpreter

"Christopher Diggins" <>
10 Nov 2006 13:19:24 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Cat programming language interpreter (Christopher Diggins) (2006-11-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Christopher Diggins" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Nov 2006 13:19:24 -0500
Posted-Date: 10 Nov 2006 13:19:24 EST

I've posted the source code for version 0.9.7 of the interpreter for
the Cat language to The source code is
written in C# and has been released into the public domain.

Cat is unique in that it is an example of a strongly typed
compositional language (what is more commonly called a concatenative
language). Type annotations are optional, since the types are inferred
by the compiler. Cat can probably be described as a cross between
Forth and Haskell.

Let me know if the source code is useful for you,

Christopher Diggins