LR(k) to LR(1)

Leonardo Teixeira Passos <leonardo@dcc.ufmg.br>
24 Oct 2006 17:35:53 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LR(k) to LR(1) leonardo@dcc.ufmg.br (Leonardo Teixeira Passos) (2006-10-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Leonardo Teixeira Passos <leonardo@dcc.ufmg.br>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Oct 2006 17:35:53 -0400
Posted-Date: 24 Oct 2006 17:35:53 EDT

Hi there.

I've been studying the conversion method described in [1] that proposes a
scheme to transform LR(k) grammars to LR(1), but it does not
give a formula to indicate how big can a grammar G' become, given the
application of the method to an input grammar G.

Does anyone know such formula?

Is there another method proposed in the literature? I'm interested in
converting LR(2) grammars to the corresponding LR(1).

[1] Transforming LR(k) Grammars to LR(1), SLR(1), and (1,1) Bounded
Right-Context Grammars

Source Journal of the ACM (JACM) archive
Volume 23 , Issue 3 (July 1976) table of contents

Pages: 511 - 533
Year of Publication: 1976
ISSN:0004-5411
Authors M. D. Mickunas Department of Computer Science, Digital Computer
Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
R. L. Lancaster Computer Science Department, Bowling Green State
University, Bowling Green, OH
V. B. Schneider Department of Computer Sciences, Mathematical Sciences
Building, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN

Publisher ACM Press New York, NY, USA