|paxCompiler, v1.2 firstname.lastname@example.org (alexander_baranovsky) (2006-09-26)|
|Date:||26 Sep 2006 09:15:44 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||26 Sep 2006 09:15:44 EDT|
Version 1.2 of the paxCompiler has been released.
- WideChar, WideString and Variant types.
- Dynamic arrays.
- Exception handling.
paxCompiler is an embeddable compiler of Pascal programming language.
The key features of the paxCompiler are:
- The compiler generates machine code for Intel processor.
- It is possible to use the compiler as a scripting engine. You can
embed the compiler into host application, register host-defined types,
routines, variables and constants for the engine, read/write script-
defined variables, call script-defined functions etc. You can save/load
compiled scripts to/from a stream.
- The compiler was initially written in Borland Delphi as a set of
Delphi components that allows you to embed the paxCompiler into Delphi,
Kylix or Borland C++ Builder application. You can customize and extend
the application without having to recompile it.
- Source code of paxCompiler is compatible with Free Pascal 2.0.
- paxCompiler, implemented as paxcompilerlib.dll, can be used for
scripting Microsoft Visual C++ applications.
- The compiler implements a subset of Object Pascal language. The
supported types are: Boolean, Byte, Word, Integer, Double, Single,
Extended, Char, WideChar, AnsiString, ShortString, WideString, Variant,
Pointer, Record Types, Static Array Types, Dynamic Array Types,
Subrange Types, Enumeration Types, Procedural Types. The compiler
supports such concepts as namespaces, overloaded routines, nested
routines, default parameters, exception handling, units.
- You can import host-defined class types and class-reference types.
- The roadmap of the compiler includes: support of script-defined
classes, Basic compiler and C compiler, cross-language programming,
built-in assembler, debugger.
To learn more about paxCompiler, please visit site www.paxcompiler.com
www.paxcompiler.com // paxCompiler
www.paxscript.com // paxScript for Win32&Linux
www.paxscript.net // paxScript for Microsoft .NET
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.