|Compiler positions available for week ending September 17 firstname.lastname@example.org (2000-09-17)|
|Compiler positions available for week ending September 17 email@example.com (comp.compilers) (2006-09-18)|
|Date:||18 Sep 2006 09:47:45 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||18 Sep 2006 09:47:45 EDT|
This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Exciting c++ job requiring compiler experience at Yahoo, Sunnyvale CA
Date: 16 Sep 2006 17:21:08 -0700
Yahoo! Search Technology
Senior Software Engineer, Relevance Features
Job No. - RX1000016191
Location US - Sunnyvale
Job Function ENGINEERING / INFO. SYSTEMS
Our team is responsible for designing and implementing part of the
search runtime infrastructure that serves hundreds of millions of
Yahoo! users around the clock. Developing search engine infrastructure
presents many challenges both in the areas of search relevance and
high-performance computing. We would love to talk to you if you have
experience designing and building high-performance database systems,
information retrieval systems, programming languages or compilers.
You will lead development projects adding features, designing and
implementing infrastructure targeted towards improved query handling.
You will work with researchers and engineers on the web search
relevance team as well as other teams to investigate and implement
features to improve the relevance of web search results.
We're looking for world-class talent to join our team! If you have a
desire to be part of building the best and most innovative search
engine on the planet, come talk to us.
* High technical competence, track record of strong coding and
individual technical accomplishments.
* Exceptional C++/C programming skills on Unix/Linux platform.
* Solid background in software design principles and algorithms.
* Proven experience in systems programming and multi-threaded
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* BS in computer science or equivalent required, MS or PhD is a plus.
* 5+ years experience in systems programming and multi-threaded
* Experience with programming language or compiler design/development a
* Experience with database systems design/development a plus.
* Experience with information retrieval.
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or
to search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.