Re: XML-oriented precompiler (current version is for PHP)

"Satyam" <Satyam@satyam.com.ar>
14 Aug 2006 15:08:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
XML-oriented precompiler (current version is for PHP) Satyam@satyam.com.ar (Satyam) (2006-08-10)
Re: XML-oriented precompiler (current version is for PHP) Satyam@satyam.com.ar (Satyam) (2006-08-14)
Re: XML-oriented precompiler (current version is for PHP) gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2006-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Satyam" <Satyam@satyam.com.ar>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Aug 2006 15:08:04 -0400
Posted-Date: 14 Aug 2006 15:08:04 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Satyam" <Satyam@satyam.com.ar>

> As I said, my lack of any contact in the academic world has left me
> quite in the dark about other similar works, which I am sure there are
> since I doubt mine can be an original idea. Any comments and/or
> references are appreciated.
>
> Satyam
> [Precompilers for languages embedded in other languages have been
> around for a long time. I did one in 1981 and it was a well-known
> technique then. -John]

Sorry I didn't notice the reply embedded in my message, I don't
usually read my own postings,but then I remembered you usually post
your comments in this way.

I wasn't asking about the concept of precompilers or about embedding
one language within another which I am acquainted with (I used
embedded SQL once), but about the usefulness of this particular
combination. For example, I didn't find embedded SQL really useful,
it seems the paradigms of SQL and other procedural languages don't fit
so well so their relation is not quite good. On the other hand, this
mixing of xml embedded in this way within PHP seems to me works quite
decently. But, of course, this is my opinion which is obviously
biased.

Satyam