Re: Are there compiler jobs for new grads?

"Uncle Noah" <nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr>
22 Jul 2006 21:30:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Are there compiler jobs for new grads? onkar.n.m@gmail.com (onkar) (2006-07-22)
Re: Are there compiler jobs for new grads? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-07-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Uncle Noah" <nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Jul 2006 21:30:55 -0400
Posted-Date: 22 Jul 2006 21:30:55 EDT

> I have deep knowledge in C,C++,Finite Automata,data
> structures(especially Graphs),Unix tools ???

is that a question? :)

> I am very interested in compilers ??

you have to really ask yourself about your interest on compilers...

> What are my chances of getting job in this area ??

to get serious i think it is easier to position yourself as a "game
programmer" than a "compiler writer". There are excellent experienced
compiler writers just doing small pieces of the work (on real life
project scale anyway).

time is on your side so it's up to you to further improve your skills

Uncle "The G.B. Man" Noah