Finding MAC instructions

Christian Christmann <>
16 Jul 2006 01:03:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Finding MAC instructions (Christian Christmann) (2006-07-16)
Re: Finding MAC instructions (Amit Gupta) (2006-07-18)
Re: Finding MAC instructions (Jeff Kenton) (2006-07-22)
Re: Finding MAC instructions (2006-07-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Christian Christmann <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Jul 2006 01:03:40 -0400
Posted-Date: 16 Jul 2006 01:03:40 EDT

for a project I want to extend our comiler (more accurately, our
code generator) for a DSP by generating optimized code using
DSP-specific instructions like the MAC (multiply accumulte).

Our compiler framework consists of a high- and a low-level
intermediate represetation and translates C code.

Could you give me any hints how potential high-level language
candidates (in C) can be recognized (and realized in assembler
by the efficient MAC instructions).
Do I need to take information from our low-level IR into account
or does it suffice to consider code in the target-specific
(assembly-like) low-level IR?

I appreciate your help since I could not find any information
about this specific topic on the internet.

Best regards,