|[ANN] paxCompiler, v1.0 firstname.lastname@example.org (alexander_baranovsky) (2006-06-07)|
|Date:||7 Jun 2006 23:16:45 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||07 Jun 2006 23:16:45 EDT|
Version 1.0 of the paxCompiler has been released.
paxCompiler is an embeddable compiler of Pascal programming language.
The key features of the paxCompiler are:
- The compiler generates machine code for Intel processor.
- It is possible to use the compiler as a scripting engine. You can
embed the compiler into host application, register host-defined types,
routines, variables and constants for the engine, read/write script-
defined variables, call script-defined functions etc. You can save/load
compiled scripts to/from a stream.
- The compiler was initially written in Borland Delphi as a set of
Delphi components that allows you to embed the paxCompiler into Delphi,
Kylix or Borland C++ Builder application. You can customize and extend
the application without having to recompile it.
- Source code of paxCompiler is compatible with Free Pascal 2.0.
- paxCompiler, implemented as paxcompilerlib.dll, can be used for
scripting Microsoft Visual C++ applications.
- The compiler implements a subset of Object Pascal language. The
supported types are: Boolean, Byte, Word, Integer, Double, Single,
Extended, Char, AnsiString, ShortString, Pointer, Record Types, Array
Types, Subrange Types, Enumeration Types and Procedural Types. The
compiler supports such concepts as namespaces, overloaded routines,
nested routines, default parameters, units.
- The roadmap of the compiler includes: support of OOP, Basic compiler
and C compiler, cross-language programming, built-in assembler,
To learn more about paxCompiler, please visit site www.paxcompiler.com
www.paxcompiler.com // paxCompiler
www.paxscript.com // paxScript for Win32&Linux
www.paxscript.net // paxScript for Microsoft .NET
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.