Refining points-to information

"dz" <>
26 Apr 2006 01:13:49 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Refining points-to information (dz) (2006-04-26)
Re: Refining points-to information (George Neuner) (2006-04-29)
Re: Refining points-to information (George Neuner) (2006-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "dz" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Apr 2006 01:13:49 -0400
Posted-Date: 26 Apr 2006 01:13:49 EDT

          In trying to use a pointer analysis package, i find that it gives
overly restrictive results basically says a reference pointer points
to ANYTHING once it is passsed as a refereence parameter. I have come
to understand withouut an interprocedural analysis, you have to assume
something like this. What I am wondering is, can this set anything be
refined further using simpler rules. Spefically, if a local
variable's address is not taken, perhaps it can be not included in the
points to set. Similarly. can't I assume that if it is a int* then it
would not point to a function. Are these also unreasonable ?