Compiler positions available for week ending April 23

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
23 Apr 2006 10:08:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending April 23 compilers@iecc.com (2000-04-25)
Compiler positions available for week ending April 23 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-04-23)
Compiler positions available for week ending April 23 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-04-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Apr 2006 10:08:46 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 Apr 2006 10:08:46 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:36:04 -0700
From: "Rick Edwards" <rick.d.edwards@gmail.com>
Subject: GCC Compiler position available (Portland OR)

GCC Compiler Engineer

We are a strong and growing company working in some very advanced DSP
silicon. I am not a headhunter. We are interested in people who have
significant experience in modifying compilers. This role is ideal for
someone who has good experience with GCC and GNU tools, but could work
for someone with strong compiler modification or writing experience.

The role will work on a brand new architecture and a state-of-the-art
product line. The particular work has never been done before and thus
has created a need for someone that is a rare opportunity. The
Compiler Engineer will be responsible for developing, modifying, and
optimizing GCC internals to allow great performance gains. In
addition, this person will work in adding instructions and intrinsics
to compilers in order to meet goals. This person will interface with
hardware and software team members, developers, and management.

Successful candidates must be capable of functioning in a high skill
company and be willing to teach and learn from those on the team. They
must be team-oriented and collaborative. They must possess a
self-motivated personality. They must also have excellent written and
oral communication skills.

We are interested in growing with people who are known as being of a
very high quality. "A" players, if you will. We cannot afford "B"
players at this point. Our leadership is well-known for their
contributions and skill, and we are looking to add to that team.

The job is in Portland, Oregon and would require someone who is
willing to relocate here and is authorized to work here without
sponsorship.

Thanks!

Rick
rick.d.edwards@gmail.com

-------------------------------

Subject: Compiler Job at ATI (Marlborough MA)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:27:46 -0400
From: "Karyn Brown" <karynb@ati.com>

ATI is seeking a Compiler Engineer who is looking to

                work with a dynamic compiler team writing compilers for

                industry leading Graphics Processors. The Engineer will

                work on all aspects the ATI shader compiler: design,

                implementation and testing. The work centers around code

                generation, optimization, register allocation and instruction

                scheduling. Enthusiasm and a desire to sink his or her teeth

                into leading edge software are a requirement for this job.

Qualifications (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):

- Strong background in compiler technology either from work or school.

- Strong C/C++ programming skills.

- Excellent software engineering skills.

- BS in Computer Science (recent graduates welcome to apply).

Interested parties should send resume to nhickey@ati.com

For more information on ATI go to www.ati.com <http://www.ati.com/>

Karyn Brown
Human Resources Manager
ATI Research, Inc.
62 Forest Street
Marlboro MA 01752
508-303-3906
Fax: 508-303-8953

-------------------------------

From: "sir_fixelot" <sirfixelot@gmail.com>
Subject: Senior Compiler Engineer, Mathworks, Natick, MA, USA
Date: 22 Apr 2006 04:40:56 -0700

We are seeking a super-star to join a small high-energy product team.
We require demonstrated software engineering skills, a penchant for
abstraction, experience with massive code bases, an analytical bent of
mind, a love of hacking, and compiler experience.

You will be expected to participate with wild enthusiasm in all stages
of design, coding, testing, and maintenance of the core infrastructure
that powers Simulink, Stateflow and MATLAB code-generation
technologies.

Qualifications

* M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* Must be able to think on your feet and also while sleeping
* Awesome C/C++ coding skills with a strong bias towards action
* Must have morbid curiosity in debugging, understanding and improving
other people (and their code)
* A healthy combination of passion and ambition
* Must have watched "The Matrix" at least three times
* Experience in building large-scale engineering software and/or
compiler technology (intermediate representations, control-flow
analysis etc.)
* If you already made your first million, contact us immediately (and
give us a job)
Contact Vijay Raghavan
Email vijay@mathworks.com
Website www.mathworks.com