|Compiler market? firstname.lastname@example.org (2006-04-08)|
|Re: Compiler market? email@example.com (Pascal Bourguignon) (2006-04-09)|
|Date:||8 Apr 2006 17:13:16 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||08 Apr 2006 17:13:16 EDT|
Can anyone point me to any material surveying the commercial market
for compilers and compilation tools? For example:
- how many vendors produce/sell compilers and
- of those how many have their own front-ends?
- how much revenue do compilers generate?
- where are they produced, and bought?
- and what's the breakdown by language?
- and in each case, what's the trend?
Any, never mind all, of these data points would be useful.
For something that's been close to the heart of the computer industry
for 50 years - and which has consumed a huge amount of academic and
industrial research effort - I'm finding it hard to find any definite
facts about it. Thanks in advance...
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.