Data migration

"shrey" <>
3 Apr 2006 01:35:53 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Data migration (shrey) (2006-04-03)
Re: Data migration (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2006-04-08)
Re: Data migration (shrey) (2006-04-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "shrey" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Apr 2006 01:35:53 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Apr 2006 01:35:53 EDT

            As part of an experimental security project, I am looking at
relocating data from one system to another. The code is interpretive
and designed in an manner such that it work with the relocated data.
Now we want to extend this to data some of which could be pointers.
This in our case would require adjusting the values of the pointers.
Basically, by first finding out what object is the pointer pointing to
first and then using that to correct the value. Here we want to rely on
pointer analysis information to reduce the penalty of doing the
correction. Can anyone point me to references to anything similar? What
kind of restrictions on language would be needed to make this possible