Compiler positions available for week ending March 26

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
27 Mar 2006 01:30:48 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 26 compilers@iecc.com (2000-03-28)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 26 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-03-27)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 26 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-03-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Mar 2006 01:30:48 -0500
Posted-Date: 27 Mar 2006 01:30:48 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:39:00 +0000
From: Uwe Dolinsky <uwe@codeplay.com>
Subject: Job opportunities at Codeplay (Scotland)

Codeplay is a rapidly growing compiler company based in Edinburgh
working on compilation technology for a new generation of parallel
processors. We've got exciting projects lined up and currently have a
number of openings for jobs involving research and development of new
compilers for scripting and shader languages (front-end and back-end)
as well as our new parallelisation technology. There are different
positions available on these projects ranging from graduate
programmers to experienced compiler engineers:

Project 1:
A shader compiler for next generation mobile phone hardware.
Ability to program within tight memory constraints.
Working as part of a small team with one of leading academics in the
field. Would suit graduate, could provide possible topic for PhD
research.

Project 2:
Developing our parallelisation technology (currently being patented).
This is an exciting opportunity to work on new compiler technology for
multicore processors. This involves extending our existing C/C++
compilers to support parallel processors. Demonstrable background in
compilers and concurrent programming is essential.
Assembly language skills would be a plus.

Project3:
Working on compilers for new hardware to accelerate games physics for a
leading international company. This involves improving and optimizing (
register allocation, code generation etc) our existing compilers to push
their processor to the limits.

We are looking for passionate developers who can demonstrate a keen
interest in compilers (ideally through project work). Candidates should
have a degree in computer science or related studies with a background
in compilers, computer architectures or programming languages.

We offer a friendly working environment and exciting career prospects
with lots of opportunities for career advancement within a growing
company.

Currently we can only consider applicants who are entitled to work
in the UK. If you are interested please send your CV or requests for
more information to: jobs@codeplay.com
Website: http://www.codeplay.com/jobs/
Contact: Andrew Richards, Uwe Dolinsky

--
Jens- Uwe Dolinsky PhD

Codeplay Software Ltd - http://www.codeplay.com
105 Hanover Street
Edinburgh EH2 1DJ

Tel: +44 (0)131 466 0503

-------------------------------

From: "Alvin Hom" <ahom@google.com>
Subject: Google career opportunity (Silicon valley)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:36:11 -0800

Software Engineer - Engineering Tools - Mountain View

Google is looking for an experienced software engineer to help build the
tools we use to ensure the quality of our software. You should have a strong
understanding and appreciation of good software development processes. You
will be working closely with different project teams to improve our tools
for unit testing, regression testing, and problem isolation. Here's an
excellent opportunity for you to use your talents to help us develop, test,
and maintain quality products that improve the web experience for millions
of users.

Requirements:

        * 3+ years of development experience.
        * Excellent Python or C++ programming skills.
        * Excellent Unix/Linux and shell scripting skills.
        * Perl and Java a plus.
        * Excellent communication skills.
        * BSCS or MSCS.

For immediate consideration, please send resume to Alvin Hom:
<mailto:ahom@google.com> ahom@google.com. Important: The subject field of
your email must include Software Engineer - Engineering Tools - Mountain
View.

To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please
do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other
company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to
unsolicited resumes.