Re: Semantics in Delphi yacc

Hans-Peter Diettrich <>
15 Mar 2006 22:10:10 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Semantics in Delphi yacc (Pepe Gerloc) (2006-03-14)
Re: Semantics in Delphi yacc (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2006-03-15)
Re: Semantics in Delphi yacc (Marco van de Voort) (2006-03-15)
Re: Semantics in Delphi yacc (Eric) (2006-03-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Hans-Peter Diettrich <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Mar 2006 22:10:10 -0500
Posted-Date: 15 Mar 2006 22:10:10 EST

Pepe Gerloc wrote:

> I am currenty developing a compiler for a script language, using a version
> of lex/yacc that outputs to Delphi format.
> Everything is working properly, except the semantics.

Which tools did you use?

> [Better tell us where you found this Delphi yacc; I've never seen it. -John]

I only know about Delphi/Pascal ports with more or less severe problems:

tplexyacc [tply41, part of FPC], and based on this
dyacclex [Michiel Rook <>]

If any of the authors is interested in fixing bugs, please drop me a
line; at least I remember a grammar from some GNU project, that couldn't
be handled by none of the mentioned tools. After a reduction of the
grammar, the tools disagree e.g. in the number of states etc.