|Microcontroller Compiler email@example.com (Jatin Bhateja) (2006-03-11)|
|Re: Microcontroller Compiler firstname.lastname@example.org (2006-03-14)|
|Date:||14 Mar 2006 00:50:06 -0500|
|Organization:||Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen|
|Posted-Date:||14 Mar 2006 00:50:06 EST|
"Jatin Bhateja" <email@example.com> writes:
> I am also working on SDCC for some time. But still I am having several
> unanswered question in my mind. Can you guys just list down what all
> are the key features that one keeps in mind while designing a compiler
> for micro controller.
1. Make sure the code is correct.
2. Make sure the code is compact.
3. If you want to use existing libraries, make sure you obey the same
calling convention and data layout rules.
4. If the micro controller has some special features, such as loop
constructs, be sure that you can map source code to these features
in a transparent way (i.e., so the programmer can use them from
source code without writing something that would be unnatural from
the source-language perspective).
5. Don't worry too much about how long it takes to compile, as the
programs are likely to be short.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.