How to measure Checksum performance.

"Prasanna Harpanhalli" <>
5 Mar 2006 02:18:26 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to measure Checksum performance. (Prasanna Harpanhalli) (2006-03-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Prasanna Harpanhalli" <>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.arm,comp.compilers
Date: 5 Mar 2006 02:18:26 -0500
Posted-Date: 05 Mar 2006 02:18:26 EST

Hi All,
          I wanted some information about ARM Compiler Tools and performance

1. I want to measure the performance of my (hand coded
assembly)checksum routine vis-a-vis some other routine. I want to know
the possible methods as my code runs on an Embedded Target. I have
access to a JTAG which can be connected to the Target.

2. I want to know how embedded systems engineers identify Cache Misses
in an ARM processor based system.
Again, I am looking for Tools and techniques for the same.

Thanks In Advance,
Prasanna Harpanhalli.

Prasanna [dot] Harpanhalli [at] gmail [dot] com