UCSD Pascal I.5 sources available at UCSD

HansO <msxhans@yahoo.com>
24 Feb 2006 13:17:28 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
UCSD Pascal I.5 sources available at UCSD msxhans@yahoo.com (HansO) (2006-02-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: HansO <msxhans@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Feb 2006 13:17:28 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Feb 2006 13:17:28 EST

Members of the Yahoo group devoted to UCSD Pascal
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UCSDPascal/
(David Barto is the person to thank for that)
have convinced UCSD to publish the sources of UCSD Pascal I.4 and I.5.

The sources contain the complete set of sources compiler, operating
system, editor, linker, librarian Pascal and interpreter assembler
source etc.

The direct location to download the sources (also mentioned on my
website now) is:
http://invent.ucsd.edu/technology/cases/1995-prior/SD1991-807.htm

This software is nearly 30 years old! The relevance is mostly for
understanding the history of programming languages (structured and
modular programming), compiler construction (UCSD Pascal is based on
the recursive descent down single pass P2 Pascal compiler made by
Niklaus Wirth and his brilliant group at the ETH Zurich), operating
systems written in a higher level language and interpreter based
virtual machines.

Hans, http://www.hansotten.com