Re: SableCC C Parser Definition with Preprocessor

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>
17 Feb 2006 00:09:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SableCC C Parser Definition with Preprocessor marcos.stewart@gmail.com (2006-02-14)
Re: SableCC C Parser Definition with Preprocessor eeide@cs.utah.edu (Eric Eide) (2006-02-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Feb 2006 00:09:21 -0500
Posted-Date: 17 Feb 2006 00:09:21 EST

"marcos" == marcos stewart <marcos.stewart@gmail.com> writes:

marcos> Would anyone know of a C Parser Definition with C Preprocessor
marcos> that is available to use. I would like to get a hold of it.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. Assuming you want a program that
parses C code along with its embedded C preprocessor directives, you might
investigate one of these:

    + ASTEC, a system by Bill McCloskey and Eric Brewer at UC Berkeley. ASTEC
        was described in a paper at the ESEC-FSE '05 conference. I think that you
        would need to contact the authors about the availability of their work.

    + Semantic Designs <http://www.semdesigns.com/> sells a variety of parsing
        and code transformation tools. Their tools for C handle preprocessor
        directives in various ways. See their Web site for more info, e.g.,
        <http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/FrontEnds/CFrontEnd.html>.

Regarding the actual subject line of your message, I don't know anything about
SableCC.

Good luck in your search!

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu> . University of Utah School of Computing