Re: graph visualization software

Robert Figura <>
30 Jan 2006 02:00:30 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
graph visualization software (Hilary) (2006-01-26)
Re: graph visualization software (Chris McDonald) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (chandramouli gowrikumar) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Florian Liekweg) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Uncle Noah) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Robert Figura) (2006-01-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Robert Figura <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jan 2006 02:00:30 -0500
Posted-Date: 30 Jan 2006 02:00:30 EST

Hilary wrote:

> I'm an undergrad working on a research project and I am responsible for
> the graph visualization. I am new to all of this and am spending a lot
> of time researching the various tools available, such as graphviz and
> daVinci. I am still reading many topics in newsgroups, so I am sorry
> if this question is redundant, but I wanted to know if anyone could
> recommend a well-documented tool which has the following capabilities:

try tulip, a gui tool for massive graphs:

> - A way to control part of the graph layout (like assign certain
> vertices to specific layers and then minimize the number of crossing
> edges)

> - Interactive

> - Easy to incorporate within the system (C++) and have a feedback
> between the visualization and the rest of the system

it's written in c++

> - Add numerous attributes to edges/vertices for the display

> - Free and/or open source

> - Display potentially large graphs (10^7-10^8 vertices) in reasonable
> time

quite good

> - Easy to have a GUI for it

Okay, it is a framework, but to me it appeared to be a gui.

I haven't tried it for two years, but now that we are talking about it i
think i should.

    - Robert Figura

/* mandlsig.c v0.23 (c) by Robert Figura */
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,\nm>cot.bitamea\
@urigrf <raguFit erobR"[I%74?I>837&874>I?I^833:l%5:5]))for(O=o=l=