graph visualization software

"Hilary" <>
26 Jan 2006 14:15:56 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
graph visualization software (Hilary) (2006-01-26)
Re: graph visualization software (Chris McDonald) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (chandramouli gowrikumar) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Florian Liekweg) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Uncle Noah) (2006-01-28)
Re: graph visualization software (Robert Figura) (2006-01-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Hilary" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Jan 2006 14:15:56 -0500
Posted-Date: 26 Jan 2006 14:15:56 EST

I'm an undergrad working on a research project and I am responsible for
the graph visualization. I am new to all of this and am spending a lot
of time researching the various tools available, such as graphviz and
daVinci. I am still reading many topics in newsgroups, so I am sorry
if this question is redundant, but I wanted to know if anyone could
recommend a well-documented tool which has the following capabilities:

- A way to control part of the graph layout (like assign certain
vertices to specific layers and then minimize the number of crossing
- Interactive
- Easy to incorporate within the system (C++) and have a feedback
between the visualization and the rest of the system
- Add numerous attributes to edges/vertices for the display
- Free and/or open source
- Display potentially large graphs (10^7-10^8 vertices) in reasonable
- Easy to have a GUI for it

Any feedback on this would be great.