Compiler positions available for week ending December 11

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
11 Dec 2005 20:00:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending December 11 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-12-11)
Compiler positions available for week ending December 11 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-12-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Dec 2005 20:00:21 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Dec 2005 20:00:21 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "Alvin Hom" <ahom@google.com>
Subject: Compiler jobs at Google (Silicon Valley)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:46:12 -0800

Software Engineer - Engineering Tools with Static Analyzer

This job is in Mountain View, CA (We will consider candidates who need
relocation)

Google is looking for an experienced software engineer to help build
the tools we use to ensure the quality of our software. You should
have a strong understanding and appreciation of good software
development processes. We need someone to enhance and maintain the
static analyzer tool BugBot. Duties include bug fixing, roll out,
identifying and completing projects to enhance the product. You will
be working closely with different project teams to improve our tools
for unit testing, regression testing, and problem isolation. Here's an
excellent opportunity for you to use your talents to help us develop,
test, and maintain quality products that improve the web experience
for millions of users.

Requirements:

        * 3+ years of development experience.
        * Excellent Python or C++ programming skills.
        * Excellent Unix/Linux and shell scripting skills.
        * Perl and Java a plus.
        * Excellent communication skills.
        * BSCS or MSCS.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML
version of your resume to ahom@google.com. Important: The subject
field of your email must include Software Engineer - Engineering Tools
with Static Analyzer - Mountain View.

Software Engineer - Engineering Tools - Mountain View, CA (We will
consider candidates who need relocation)

Google is looking for an experienced software engineer to help build
the tools we use to ensure the quality of our software. You should
have a strong understanding and appreciation of good software
development processes. You will be working closely with different
project teams to improve our tools for unit testing, regression
testing, and problem isolation. Here's an excellent opportunity for
you to use your talents to help us develop, test, and maintain quality
products that improve the web experience for millions of users.

Requirements:

        * 3+ years of development experience.
        * Excellent Python or C++ programming skills.
        * Excellent Unix/Linux and shell scripting skills.
        * Perl and Java a plus.
        * Excellent communication skills.
        * BSCS or MSCS.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML
version of your resume to ahom@google.com. Important: The subject
field of your email must include Software Engineer - Engineering Tools
- Mountain View.

To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google
employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.

Alvin Hom "Talent Scout Extraordinaire"
Internet Recruiter
Google Staffing
1.650.253.7833
ahom@google.com
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Bldg 47
Mountain View, CA 94043

-------------------------------

Subject: Compiler job at Fortify Software (Palo Alto CA)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:30:31 -0800
From: "Sean Fay" <sean@fortifysoftware.com>

== Software Engineer: Source Code Analysis Group ==

We are looking for an exceptional software engineer to join our team
and help to create the world's leading software security
technologies. This is a unique opportunity for a singular individual -
you will be a contributing engineer on a world-class engineering team
building a new category of security technology.  This a great
opportunity in an "old school" Silicon Valley startup.

We favor raw talent and a history in successful development teams over
specific
expertise. You should be smart, aggressive, and believe that you have what it
takes to deliver products in a demanding environment.

Requirements:
* Minimum BA/BS Computer Science.
* Proficient Java coder, C and C++ skills desirable.
* Experience working with languages, compilers, static analysis or
    development tools.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
* Strong desire to create useful tools.

Preferred:
* Experience in application security.

Fortify Software is a dynamic and growing company chartered with the
mission of transforming information security technology - moving it
from the perimeter to within application software
itself. Headquartered in Palo Alto, the privately held company is
backed by Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, Byers - one of the world's
pre-eminent venture capital firms. Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, Byers
has created over 350 new companies over the last 30 years including
Compaq, Sun, Genentech, and Juniper. In addition to having a
world-class technical advisory board (including among others Bill Joy,
Avi Rubin and Marcus Ranum) Fortify is led by an experienced
management team that has created dozens of successful products and
brought a number of companies to market.

Contact:
Fortify Jobs
jobs@fortifysoftware.com
Please include "Source Code Analysis Position" in subject line.