Threaded Interpreter

"Avatar" <>
19 Nov 2005 02:28:47 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Threaded Interpreter (Avatar) (2005-11-19)
Re: Threaded Interpreter (2005-11-21)
Re: Threaded Interpreter (Etienne Gagnon) (2005-11-21)
Re: Threaded Interpreter (Jeff Kenton) (2005-11-21)
Re: Threaded Interpreter (chandramouli gowrikumar) (2005-11-21)
Re: Threaded Interpreter (Ian Rogers) (2005-11-21)
Re: Threaded Interpreter (2005-11-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Avatar" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Nov 2005 02:28:47 -0500
Posted-Date: 19 Nov 2005 02:28:47 EST

I am searching for reference implementations of a threaded interpreter
(as opposed to the traditional switch dispatch method). Any

[I've always taken it to mean that rather than a string of byte codes,
you have a string of routine addresses, and the dispatch is via
something that in C might be written goto *ip++;

There was a long thread in comp.compilers some years back about how you
could write fairly machine independent threaded C code using some gross
hacks. -John]