detecting constants at runtime

"" <>
19 Nov 2005 02:26:25 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
detecting constants at runtime ( (2005-11-19)
Re: detecting constants at runtime (Gene) (2005-11-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Nov 2005 02:26:25 -0500
Posted-Date: 19 Nov 2005 02:26:25 EST

I Am Working On Dynamic Optimization.
Here I Am Disassebling The Executable At Runtime And Optimizing It.
For This ,I Wanted To Know Whether It Is Possible For Me To Detect
Runtime Constants Or Constants Not Detected During Static Compilation.
As I Have Assembly 80386 Instructions I Have To Work Only With
Registers And Memory Locations.
So Is There A Way To Profile These Locations Without Much Overhead.
I Have Read About Value Profiling But It Has A Lot Of Overhead.
Please Suggest Me Some Techniques.
Also Is There Any Way To Know Whether A Certain Memory Is Volatile.
This Affects The Analysis Since There Is No Explicit Assignment To The
This Is Required For Performing Optimization Like Redundant Load