Compiler for "own" parallel language?

"Matrim" <>
27 Oct 2005 23:26:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler for "own" parallel language? (Matrim) (2005-10-27)
Re: Compiler for "own" parallel language? (2005-10-29)
Re: Compiler for "own" parallel language? (shrey) (2005-10-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Matrim" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Oct 2005 23:26:22 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 Oct 2005 23:26:22 EDT

I'm about to implement a compiler a parallel language. More specific
its a (small) subset of the Fortran-Language. In my studies I came
across the compiler tool Eli.

So now my question: Is it possible with Eli to achieve that goal
(implementing a compiler for that a parallel language)? Any hints to
do so? Or is there a even better way/tool to do so?

Any ideas would be appreaciated.

[It sort of depends on what you mean by a parallel langugage, but in
general the tools automate the front end of a compiler, and the bits
specific to parallelism tend to reside in the back end. -John]