can we find the optimization level from obj-file?

"Jatin Bhateja" <jatin.bhateja@amdocs.com>
26 Oct 2005 14:43:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
can we find the optimization level from obj-file? jatin.bhateja@amdocs.com (Jatin Bhateja) (2005-10-26)
Re: can we find the optimization level from obj-file? marcov@stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) (2005-11-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Jatin Bhateja" <jatin.bhateja@amdocs.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Oct 2005 14:43:54 -0400
Posted-Date: 26 Oct 2005 14:43:54 EDT

Hi All,

This is regarding the assembly level optimization .Is it possible to
find out from the object code to what level it is optimized .i.e. for
e.g. in gcc compiler we have several level of optimizations so if once
the compiler performs the optimization both architecture specific and
non-architecture specific.

Now after the assembler converts it into objcode than can it be
determined at that time to which level that code is optimized

Though according to me it's not possible but I need your suggestions
on that.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jatin Bhateja
Subject Matter Expert
AMDOCS > INTEGRATED CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
[I would think that for a particular compiler and target system, you could
find patterns generated by each opt level, but in general it seems like a
hopeless waste of time. -John]