Help needed with gcov
20 Oct 2005 00:06:42 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help needed with gcov (2005-10-20)
Re: Help needed with gcov (Balbir Singh) (2005-10-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Oct 2005 00:06:42 -0400
Posted-Date: 20 Oct 2005 00:06:42 EDT

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to do some work with the gnu code coverage tool
gcov and here are a couple of problems I am facing.

1. For all the source files .da file is not generated.
2. Even when I can see that a particular line is being executed, e.g. I
can see the output for a cout command, gcov states that the particular
line was never executed.

I have compiled my code with the -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
options and the gcov version I am using is 1.5 along with gcc gcc
version 2.95.3 20010315 running on a sun solaris machine.

Any thoughts,

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanx, Sunil.