tiling irregular array accesses

"shrey" <shreyas76@gmail.com>
8 Oct 2005 21:09:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
tiling irregular array accesses shreyas76@gmail.com (shrey) (2005-10-08)
Re: tiling irregular array accesses jeffrey.kenton@comcast.net (Jeff Kenton) (2005-10-13)
Re: tiling irregular array accesses mstrout@CS.ColoState.EDU (Michelle Strout) (2005-10-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "shrey" <shreyas76@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 2005 21:09:24 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 Oct 2005 21:09:24 EDT

Hi ,
        I am wondering if any tiling technique exists which can tile a
perfectly nested loop with both regular and indexed array expressions.
I understand perfectly how the tiling example works for simple matrix
multiplication or how it is done (bucket tiling etc) for an statement
with indexed array accesses on the LHS (Sum += A[x[i]]).But how do u
go abt finding commmon tile sizes satisfying two statements one with
regular access and the other with indexed array access.

Any pointers to textbooks, literature on this would be appreciated.