tiling irregular array accesses

"shrey" <shreyas76@gmail.com>
8 Oct 2005 21:09:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
tiling irregular array accesses shreyas76@gmail.com (shrey) (2005-10-08)
Re: tiling irregular array accesses jeffrey.kenton@comcast.net (Jeff Kenton) (2005-10-13)
Re: tiling irregular array accesses mstrout@CS.ColoState.EDU (Michelle Strout) (2005-10-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "shrey" <shreyas76@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Oct 2005 21:09:24 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 Oct 2005 21:09:24 EDT

Hi ,
        I am wondering if any tiling technique exists which can tile a
perfectly nested loop with both regular and indexed array expressions.
I understand perfectly how the tiling example works for simple matrix
multiplication or how it is done (bucket tiling etc) for an statement
with indexed array accesses on the LHS (Sum += A[x[i]]).But how do u
go abt finding commmon tile sizes satisfying two statements one with
regular access and the other with indexed array access.

Any pointers to textbooks, literature on this would be appreciated.
thanks
shrey