Re: Code generation tool

"Jatin Bhateja" <>
6 Oct 2005 15:22:09 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code generation tool (Doru-Catalin Togea) (2005-10-05)
Re: Code generation tool (Scott Nicol) (2005-10-05)
Re: Code generation tool (Jatin Bhateja) (2005-10-06)
Re: Code generation tool (2005-10-13)
Re: Code generation tool (Eric Eide) (2005-10-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Jatin Bhateja" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Oct 2005 15:22:09 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 Oct 2005 15:22:09 EDT

See the process which you are mentioning is referred as high level

In this the input to the translator is one high level language and the
output of translator is

Another high level language.

Now the process followed to do this is that initially the source high
level language is scanned and parsed

and an AST structure is obtained as the output.

Now we traverse this AST (a tree like structure) and while doing so
generate the target high level language.

By above I mean that we associate some semantic rules with the AST that
generate the target high level language.

Above method is based on "Tree parsing approach".

Now there are various tools available for doing this (tree parsing) like
ANTLR, RUN-cc SABLE cc etc....

Thanks and Best regards

Jatin Bhateja

Subject Matter Expert