antlr output with J#

theschof@cs.com
2 Oct 2005 02:50:50 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
antlr output with J# theschof@cs.com (2005-10-02)
Re: antlr output with J# gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2005-10-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: theschof@cs.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Oct 2005 02:50:50 -0400
Posted-Date: 02 Oct 2005 02:50:50 EDT

Does anyone know if it's possible to use antlr output with J#? I built
the antlr sources with J# without any problems and was able to get the
calc example compiled and running without any problems with J# but I
wonder if this would always be the case? Basically the question boils
down to would antlr ever generate code which used a java api library
above 1.1 or language feature above jdk 1.1 (J# supports these with
some exceptions which I can't imagine antlr output would ever use).
Just using antlr's C# output wouldn't be ideal because this is for a
library which may need to used in both a java environment and a .NET
one and my thinking is that if I can stick to the subset of java 1.1 J#
supports I can keep maximum flexibility.