Re: Data Flow Analysis?

Randy <>
27 Sep 2005 09:46:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Data Flow Analysis? (Kwang Yul Seo) (2005-09-22)
Re: Data Flow Analysis? (Randy) (2005-09-27)
Re: Data Flow Analysis? (TOUATI Sid) (2005-09-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Randy <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Sep 2005 09:46:54 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 Sep 2005 09:46:54 EDT

Kwang Yul Seo wrote:
> I want to participate in static analysis research and I would like to know
> if anybody has any good suggestions for references (books, articles, reading
> lists, open source projects) of data flow analysis.

By "dataflow", I assume you mean generic dataflow/dependency analysis,
and not program analysis for execution on dataflow architectures. If

For research papers on dependency analysis, search CiteSeer:

FYI, these are CiteSeer's most popular hits in "Compiler

Or search the ACM Portal:

Open source projects:

Search for "dependency":

SSA for Trees (now part of GCC):

Some classic books:

Dependence Analysis for Supercomputing, Utpal Banerjee, 1988

"Dependence Analysis (Loop Transformation for Restructuring Compilers)",
Utpal Banerjee, 1996

Some recent textbooks:

Optimizing Compilers for Modern Architectures", Randy Allen and Ken
Kennedy, 2001

"Building an Optimizing Compiler, Robert Morgan, 1998

"Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation", Steven Muchnick, 1997

"High-Performance Compilers for Parallel Computing", Michael Wolfe, 1995

Randy Crawford rand AT rice DOT edu

"Howard Beale for President."