Re: Lisp variables, was Example interpreter C

Julian Stecklina <der_julian@web.de>
25 Sep 2005 12:53:43 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Re: Example interpreter C gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2005-08-24)
Re: Example interpreter C lfinsto1@gwdg.de (Laurence Finston) (2005-09-07)
Re: Example interpreter C boldyrev+nospam@cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru (Ivan Boldyrev) (2005-09-10)
Re: Example interpreter C lfinsto1@gwdg.de (Laurence Finston) (2005-09-14)
Re: Example interpreter C boldyrev@uiggm.nsc.ru (Ivan Boldyrev) (2005-09-17)
Re: Lisp variables, was Example interpreter C lfinsto1@gwdg.de (Laurence Finston) (2005-09-22)
Re: Lisp variables, was Example interpreter C der_julian@web.de (Julian Stecklina) (2005-09-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Julian Stecklina <der_julian@web.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Sep 2005 12:53:43 -0400
Posted-Date: 25 Sep 2005 12:53:42 EDT

Laurence Finston <lfinsto1@gwdg.de> writes:

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Ivan Boldyrev wrote:
>
>> GCL is bad example: it is not standard-conforming :)
>
> Thanks for the information. If I ever document this, I won't call
> it "LISP-like behavior". However, it is the behavior that I would
> implement, if were to go back and rewrite my grammar. I'm sorry to
> hear that this behavior doesn't conform to the LISP standard. I
> found it very convenient.

It is not ANSI Common Lisp conform. There may be a Lisp that supports
exactly this behaviour, as there are many Lisp dialects out there that
are quite distinct from CL. It did not kill all of them yet. ;)

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

When someone says "I want a programming language in which I
need only say what I wish done," give him a lollipop. - Alan Perlis