Compiler positions available for week ending September 4

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
4 Sep 2005 10:34:18 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending September 4 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-09-04)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 4 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-09-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Sep 2005 10:34:18 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 Sep 2005 10:34:18 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: HerbD41460@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:48:05 EDT
Subject: Compiler job at Shakti Systems (Redwood Shores CA)

Shakti systems located in Redwood Shores, Ca is a well funded
"start-up" backed by both Sequoia and Kleiner Perkins. We are
developing technology to greatly enhance the computing performance of
firms in several industries including finance, bio-tech, oil & gas,
large pharma and many other firms. We have already established
traction with several interested parties and have received highly
positive support from experts in the information technology field. We
are looking for technical professionals who truly want to make a
difference in software and have the background to successfully reach
that goal.

Senior compiler architect

- PhD is preferred with 10+ years of experience in software development
-Individual should have worked with compilers and be very comfortable with
achieving high optimization
-Strong expertise in C C++
-Experience in achieving high scalability in a distributed environment
-Ideal individual would have multiple platform expertise (Linux/Windows) as
well as experience working with JVM
-Development should have involved extensive utilization of algorithms
-Strong self starter with track record of success in the industry

The expected compensation for this role is 130++ equity. You should
send your information to _Herbd41460@aol.com_
(mailto:Herbd41460@aol.com) . I am the staffing recruiter for the
firm.

-------------------------------

Subject: Compiler Positions Available at Microsoft
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:55:46 -0700
From: "David Gillies" <dgillies@microsoft.com>

There are several new positions available in the Microsoft Visual C++
team related to compilers (FE & BE)/Jits/libraries/IDE that may be of
interest to readers of this group.  We also have openings on our QA
(testing) staff and PM (product planning).  I have appended a couple
representative job descriptions below.  To apply, or to find out more,
please send your resume/questions to dgillies@microsoft.com

Best Regards,
David Gillies

Title: Software Development

Working in our Code Generation group this is a new position with
Microsoft developing core compiler technology. We are looking for a
bright individual with a compiler background experienced with compiler
optimization, run time environment development, register allocation
and/or basic code generation. Responsibilities include designing and
developing software for Microsoft's next generation compiler and JITs
for Microsoft's Common Language Runtime (CLR). There are also
opportunities to help bring compilers and JIT's to the new emerging
Win64 platform, by developing new optimization technology in a JIT and
PreJIT. Experience in two of the following is needed: compiler
development, JIT's, VM's, assembly language, or 64-bit code
optimization. Experience developing a compiler or JIT in industry or
college or other code generation expertise is a major plus. An
undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related technical field is
required.

Title: Software Development

Want to set the standard for the next generation of C++ application?
Ready to design code that will be used and critiqued by the whole
developer community? Want to have a direct connection to customers
whose problems you understand? Want to build a new generation of
libraries for a new language running in modern environments? The
Visual C++ Libraries team is the place for you. We own all the library
code shipped for C++. We are building new libraries that drive
developer productivity and power on the managed platform using our new
C++/CLI language. Initially we have created STL/CLR - A Standard C++
Library for managed code. Next we'll have to understand how our
customers are going to work with WinFX and move forward with their
existing code. We are also evolving our existing libraries. These
include the C Runtime Library, Standard C++ Library, MFC and ATL. Much
of the work in this area gives integration with the .NET Runtime and
improves the security of our code. In future releases we'll have to
address some of the challenges of parallel programming, developer
access to technologies, migration of existing native applications to
managed code. We're looking for senior individual contributors ready
to code, design and provide the next generation of code reuse though
leadership at Microsoft. Degree in a relevant subject and five years
of software engineering required.