computing LOOKAHEAD sets

Vangelis Katsikaros <vkatsikaros@yahoo.gr>
31 Aug 2005 00:36:58 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
computing LOOKAHEAD sets vkatsikaros@yahoo.gr (Vangelis Katsikaros) (2005-08-31)
Re: computing LOOKAHEAD sets jjan@cs.rug.nl (J.H.Jongejan) (2005-09-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Vangelis Katsikaros <vkatsikaros@yahoo.gr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Aug 2005 00:36:58 -0400
Posted-Date: 31 Aug 2005 00:36:58 EDT

Hello
I am a computer science student and I would like to ask something. I
cant fully understand how I compute the LOOKAHEAD set for a grammar.

For my exams we use LOOKAHEAD to identify a LL(1) grammar. The procces
includes computing firstly FIRST and FOLLOW sets. Then using them we can
compute the LOOKAHEAD. But I cant fully understand this second process.

I know how to compute FIRST and FOLLOW set and I would like a
description or algorithm for computing the LOOKAHEAD from these.

Thank you
Vangelis Katsikaros