Re: An old compiler makes a comeback

"Skandinavisches Seminar" <>
1 Aug 2005 15:19:48 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
An old compiler makes a comeback (Old Fogie) (2005-07-31)
Re: An old compiler makes a comeback (Skandinavisches Seminar) (2005-08-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Skandinavisches Seminar" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Aug 2005 15:19:48 -0400
Posted-Date: 01 Aug 2005 15:19:48 EDT

"Old Fogie" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Also, I have a question for the GPL geeks around here: Although the
> compiler is under the GPL, I want to make sure that programs compiled
> with DeSmet C do not automatically have to be open source. Thus, the
> library is under the GNU LGPL.

This shouldn't be a problem, as long as you're not writing strings
containing a license to the object files. To be sure, you should contact
the Free Software Foundation directly:
You could probably find the answers to your questions on the webpages
dealing with licenses.

> However, does the library source have to be under the LGPL, or only
> the binary?

The source.

Laurence Finston
GNU 3DLDF maintainer