Compiler positions available for week ending June 5

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
5 Jun 2005 11:25:17 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending June 5 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-06-05)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 5 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-06-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Jun 2005 11:25:17 -0400
Posted-Date: 05 Jun 2005 11:25:17 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "af" <andreas.falkenberg@imail.de>
Subject: Compiler Jobs in India / Madras
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:07:03 +0200

Here are some interesting opening in Madras / India.
Please check following site: http://www.compilerjobs.com/jobs/nulife.php

You may contact Dr Srivas at srivas@nulifetech.com or andreas@nulifetech.com

Thanks
  Andreas

-------------------------------

Subject: DE-Walldorf, Developer in Java JIT Compiler Team, SAP AG (Germany)
From: Richard Reingruber <sap.jit@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:15:59 +0200

POSITION

Developer in the SAP JIT Compiling Technology team

AREA

As part of the JIT Compiling Technology Team, we are developing and
porting a Just-in-Time (JIT) compiler for the SAP Java Virtual
Machine. Based on our involvement in SAP VM Container technology, we
contribute to

* Robustness and availability
* Performance and scalability
* Maintainability
* Integration of Java/ABAP

on the server platform that is the basis of the entire SAP software
landscape.

These characteristics are maintained through implementation of strict
user isolation and efficient use of operating system resources. We
have expanded the container-loadable Java VM to allow multiple
instances of the VM to share loaded classes and objects. Debugging is
possible on the fly and occurs in one user context only - other users
in the system are not affected by maintenance.

JIT compilation is vital to system performance. During this process,
hotspots in Java classes are compiled. In translating shared methods,
the fact that multiple VMs are involved in the compilation process
must be considered. Special treatment is required when accessing
shared classes and objects. The methods are optimized in various
phases of compilation; standard techniques such as data flow analysis
and register allocation are applied. Java debugging is compatible with
optimization.

RESPONSIBILITIES

* Development / porting / maintenance of the SAP JIT compiler

* Creative collaboration on questions of design and architecture

REQUIREMENTS

We are seeking to augment our development team with experts who
ideally demonstrate the following qualities.

. You are interested in programming languages and their
    implementation, particularly with regard to such topics as JIT
    compilation, garbage collection, class/object sharing, and
    debugging.

. You have knowledge of compiler structure and processor architecture.
    You are familiar with program optimization and code generation
    techniques.

. You are well versed in the development tools of at least one of the
    operating systems we support (Linux, UNIX, Windows) and are eager to
    work with other platforms.

. You enjoy working independently in a small team and share our belief
    that projects can only be successful when the work involved is fun.

. You possess a good degree in computer science, mathematics, or
    natural sciences or comparable previous knowledge.

. You are able to communicate in German and English.

LOCATION
Walldorf, Germany

WEB SITE
http://www.sap.de/jobs

CONTACT
sap.jit@gmx.de

Please attach your application documents in PDF or MS Word format.

Many Thanks

Richard Reingruber
Development Manager
JIT Compiler Technology
SAP AG
Walldorf, Germany

-------------------------------

Subject: Senior Compiler Engineer - Code Generator (Cambridge UK)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 12:36:09 +0100
From: "Diana Taschler" <Diana.Taschler@arm.com>

Senior Compiler Engineer - Code Generator
Job Location: Cambridge, UK
Reference: 05DSSW001

generator of the industry leading ARM RealView compiler.

Requirements:

Degree in Computer Science, with 6+ years experience post graduation
3+ years experience of code generation for modern RISC architectures
Experience of all phases of a full software product development
lifecycle
Fluent in C and C++
Proven technical leadership skills

Preferred Experience:

ARM architecture
SIMD/Vector code generation
Code generation for high performance execution
Loop Restructuring/Optimization

Package:

Salary - depending on experience
Stock Options
Profit Sharing
SAYE
Private Medical Insurance
Permanent Health Insurance
Life Assurance
Contributory Pension
Relocation Expenses as appropriate

Please note: We accept applications from candidates of all
nationalities and, if necessary, will support the successful candidate
through the work permit application process.

To apply please submit a CV and covering letter to
recruitment-uk@arm.com for more information please see
http://www.arm.com/employment

Diana Taschler
HR Officer
ARM Ltd
Address: 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1223 400422, Fax: +44 (0)1223 400801