Re: Register allocation

"Chuck Riechers" <>
21 May 2005 00:01:53 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[16 earlier articles]
Re: Register allocation (2004-08-11)
Re: Register allocation (2004-08-13)
Register allocation ( (2005-05-13)
Re: Register allocation (Rob Dimond) (2005-05-16)
Re: Register allocation (2005-05-18)
Re: Register allocation ( (2005-05-20)
Re: Register allocation (Chuck Riechers) (2005-05-21)
register allocation (David Lindauer) (2005-11-12)
register allocation (1989-11-22)
Re: register allocation larus@primost.wisc.EDU (1989-11-24)
Register Allocation napi@rangkom.MY (1990-02-17)
Re: Register Allocation (1990-02-15)
Re: Register Allocation (1990-02-26)
[6 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Chuck Riechers" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 May 2005 00:01:53 -0400
Posted-Date: 21 May 2005 00:01:53 EDT

Many years ago I did a paper for my Masters on register allocation using
coloring. What I found out during my research (and some fairly tedious
hand-worked examples) was that using an infinite number of registers,
followed by temporary variable (pseudo-register) consolidation THEN coloring
yielded good results.