Help a newbie understand how to create a "native library" for any new language

"rdc02271" <rdc02271@yahoo.com>
14 May 2005 12:22:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help a newbie understand how to create a "native library" for any new rdc02271@yahoo.com (rdc02271) (2005-05-14)
Re: Help a newbie understand how to create a "native library" for any haberg@math.su.se (2005-05-14)
Re: Help a newbie understand how to create a "native library" for any skandgoe@gwdg.de (Skandinavisches Seminar) (2005-05-14)
Re: Help a newbie understand how to create a "native library" for any haberg@math.su.se (2005-05-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "rdc02271" <rdc02271@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 May 2005 12:22:33 -0400
Posted-Date: 14 May 2005 12:22:32 EDT

Hi! I'm a newbie so beware :(

When you create a new langauge like D how do you create the libraries
to work with the operating system (for instance Windows) ? Do you
create wrappers around the OS API or do you create assembly code to
work with the Operating system? For instance : window management -
How would you create a D(X,Y,Z,etc) compatible library to work with
the operating system window management system? Or would you create on
your window management system?

Confusing, right? :( I know....

Can any of you show me an example of what would be the perfect
solution for the libraries problems?

I don't understand what you folks mean when you say "native D(X,F,etc)
library instead of a wrapper library"... Anyone cares to explain,
give some links where can I find this info...

My views: a native D(new language) library would be made in assembly
code which would eventually call (respect) the operating system
API....

I'm lost...

Thanks for your help and attention.
Jorge C.