Re: Visual Parse++ purchasing problems

Chris F Clark <cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com>
28 Apr 2005 14:55:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Visual Parse++ purchasing problems alexeyd@yahoo.com (2005-04-26)
Re: Visual Parse++ purchasing problems cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-04-28)
RE: Visual Parse++ purchasing problems quinn-j@shaw.ca (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2005-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Chris F Clark <cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Apr 2005 14:55:55 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Apr 2005 14:55:55 EDT

> I am using Visual Parse++ .... Is there compatible parser that I can use?

There are three potentially compatible parsers that I am aware of
which you might try (that are likely to have C# support):
                DMS
                Yacc++
                GrammarForge (previously meta-S)
                ANTLR

As to Yacc++, the C# support just recently emerged from alpha-test and
has not yet entered beta-test.

> All my attempts to contact them were unsuccessful.

As to the business end, the parser generator business is not high
revenue. As a result, most companies are quite small (perhaps not
even having any full-time staff) or have a different business that
they are actually in and the parser generator work is merely a way to
leverage an asset that they happen to have (perhaps to support their
"real" work). The downside, as you have noticed, is that many such
companies are very hard to contact. The upside is that if you can get
in touch with them, you are probably not that far removed from the
developer(s), and if you need something fixed, the person who will fix
it will probably see your problem first hand.

Hope this helps,
-Chris

23 Bailey Rd voice : (508) 435-5016
Berlin, MA 01503 USA fax : (978) 838-0263 (24 hours)