Executing code without generating stack machine code

himanshu.garg@gmail.com
26 Apr 2005 20:40:02 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Executing code without generating stack machine code himanshu.garg@gmail.com (2005-04-26)
Re: Executing code without generating stack machine code carlos.smith@sympatico.ca (Carlos) (2005-04-30)
Re: Executing code without generating stack machine code gtoal@gtoal.com (2005-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: himanshu.garg@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Apr 2005 20:40:02 -0400
Posted-Date: 26 Apr 2005 20:40:02 EDT

Hello,

            I have seen hoc ( Kernighan & Pike ), PL0 ( Niklaus Wirth ) that
are calculator programs.

            I was wondering if I could execute code from its tree
representation without generating any intermediate code. At the least
my language supports if/then/else, loops, procedures, goto's and
expressions. This would allow me to avoid the extra stack machine
processor code, required to run the intermediate code.

Thank You,
Himanshu.
[Sure. Interpreting trees is not hard. -John]