PenDraw - new language features (Andrew Main)
4 Mar 2005 14:25:59 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PenDraw - new language features (2005-03-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Andrew Main)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Mar 2005 14:25:59 -0500
Posted-Date: 04 Mar 2005 14:25:59 EST

I have written a compiler for <a
href="thhp://">PenDraw</a> - a language of my own
invention. It accords with Foley & van Dam's "procedure hierarchy".
It is for 2D graphics, but has some features that I believe unique.
Graphics attributes can be applied to procedure calls, but it also has
controls that can modify or even prevent attributes from being
applied. Thus it offers a much richer set of hierarchy possbilities
than a data-structure hierarchy can.

It outputs XML-SVG. It is intended to be to graphics what Perl is to