Re: Compiler 101

Jon Masterson <>
24 Jan 2005 11:29:18 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler 101 (Jon Masterson) (2005-01-22)
Re: Compiler 101 (2005-01-24)
Re: Compiler 101 (Laurence Finston) (2005-01-24)
Re: Compiler 101 (Jon Masterson) (2005-01-24)
Re: Compiler 101 (Jon Masterson) (2005-01-30)
Re: Compiler 101 (Nobodyzhome) (2005-01-30)
Re: Compiler 101 (2005-02-18)
Re: Compiler 101 ( (2005-02-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jon Masterson <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jan 2005 11:29:18 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Jan 2005 11:29:18 EST

> Hi All
> Jon
> [Our usual advice is first to look at existing scripting languages
> such as python, Ruby, Lua, and TCL. There's rarely a compelling
> reason that you need to invent yet another scripting language, and
> it's a whole lot easier to hook your application to one that already
> works. -John]

Thanks for the advice but the simulator program that I need to control
has very specific requirements and using any sort of pre-existing
language would not be much help - I do not know of any that can
describe a cloud layer or the state of an aircraft cockpit instruments
in a single statement

[I don't see why not. Most of them have some sort of structure you can
use. -John]