Re: Runtime syntax

"Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
29 Dec 2004 01:39:05 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Runtime syntax Dhruva.Krishnamurthy@in.bosch.com (Dhruva Krishnamurthy) (2004-12-25)
Re: Runtime syntax mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de (Dmitry A. Kazakov) (2004-12-29)
Re: Runtime syntax nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2004-12-29)
Runtime Syntax codeworker@free.fr (2004-12-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Dec 2004 01:39:05 -0500
Posted-Date: 29 Dec 2004 01:39:05 EST

On 25 Dec 2004 20:15:12 -0500, Dhruva Krishnamurthy wrote:

> We are trying to support text parsers for slightly differing
> syntax. I was looking at developing an engine where we can supply the
> grammar at runtime. I know Yacc/Bison is at compile time, is there
> some project/working proof of concept to achieve this? Any help is
> appreciated.

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm

was developed with this idea in mind. It is completely table-driven and
requires no grammar compilation. It parses infix expressions with brackets.
Infix expressions are usually the most complex part of syntax. In many
cases the rest can more or less trivially be covered using descent
recursion.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov