Need to develop a compiler "source to source".

juoke@katamail.com (Juoke)
23 Dec 2004 17:53:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need to develop a compiler "source to source". juoke@katamail.com (2004-12-23)
Re: Need to develop a compiler "source to source". demakov@ispras.ru (Alexey Demakov) (2004-12-25)
Re: Need to develop a compiler "source to source". rtr@quadstone.com (2004-12-25)
Re: Need to develop a compiler "source to source". nick.roberts@acm.org (Nick Roberts) (2004-12-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: juoke@katamail.com (Juoke)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Dec 2004 17:53:38 -0500
Posted-Date: 23 Dec 2004 17:53:38 EST

I need to develop a (complex) compiler that translate from an
high-level source - given the (e)bnf, quite long... - to another
high-level source. I know there are dozens of apps, but I'm asking
which one would be better, in your opinion.

The points are:
*) need to translate from high-level to high-level using a free
product
*) need to produce a compiler in a portable format (i.e. to obtain
something in Java o C++)
*) possibly to have a kind of ready-made IDE: one should be able to
have an IDE where can type the source, then select from a menu
"translate" and obtain the new source (this is a minor point, but I'd
like to hear suggestions of a customizable IDE where I could embed the
generated compiler).
*) I'd like an IDE for me too (so to focus on the (e)bnf and
translations and not on code) for the developing phase.

Thank you.
[Seems like an awfully specific order for someone who wants it for free.
-John]