|Version 2.4.2 of the GOLD Parser Builder was released GOLDParser@DevinCook.com (2004-11-28)|
|Date:||28 Nov 2004 23:21:33 -0500|
|Keywords:||parse, tools, available|
|Posted-Date:||28 Nov 2004 23:21:33 EST|
Version 2.4.2 of the GOLD Parser Builder was released.
Major Changes in Version 2.4.2
* The YACC to GOLD translator was integrated into the Builder.
* The Edit Menu now contains both a Find and Replace option.
* The Copy, Cut, Paste, and Delete keyboard shortcuts were added to
the Edit menu.
* The Test Window was improved slightly. When a 'parse action' is
clicked, the description is now displayed at the bottom of the window.
* Table generation was broken into two steps. Beforehand, the 'Next'
button simply displayed 'Compute Tables'. When clicked both the LALR
and DFA tables were constructed - one after another. Since the Builder
can now correct for Shift-Reduce errors, the system would create the
DFA tables even if the developer wants to create a grammar free of any
* The GUI library used by this application was updated. The overall
efficiency of the library was improved.
* The Export to Formatted Text output was modified. The Log is now
printed before any of the other tables. The file also contains a
simple header message.
* Fixed a minor bug in LALR State Browser. When a CGT file was loaded,
the LALR State Browser would not allow the developer to double-click
Supported Programming Languages
As of this writing, GOLD supports:
* ANSI C
* Delphi 3 & 5
* Visual Basic .NET
* Visual Basic 5 & 6
* Visual C++
* All ActiveX languages
* All .NET Languages
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.