Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing

beliavsky@aol.com
26 Nov 2004 22:46:01 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing gauravga@noida.hcltech.com (Gaurav Gautam, Noida) (2004-11-20)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing arargh411@arargh.com (2004-11-26)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2004-11-26)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing beliavsky@aol.com (2004-11-26)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2004-11-29)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing henry@spsystems.net (2004-12-11)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2004-12-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: beliavsky@aol.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Nov 2004 22:46:01 -0500
Posted-Date: 26 Nov 2004 22:46:00 EST

"Gaurav Gautam, Noida" <gauravga@noida.hcltech.com> wrote
> I Am Working To Test A Fortran Compiler(IG Code Generation.... To Be
> Specific). Can Anyone Guide Me Abt The Different Techniques Of Doing So. I
> Usually Have To Write Test Cases For Doing.
> So I Am Looking At The Prospects And Methods Of Automation Of Geneartion Of
> Testcases. Does Any One Knows Any Tool Which Can Help To Generate Test
> Suites And Test Cases (For Fortran If Specific).
> I Am Planning To Design Such A Tool If It Does Not Exist.. I Request All To
> Plz Reply Share Their Knowledge In This Regard.

What version of Fortran are you concerned with? Fortran 77, 90, and 95
are all in current use (probably Fortran 66 as well, for that matter),
and some compilers are adding features of the new Fortran 2003
standard. What compiler are you using? You can get opinions of it in
the comp.lang.fortran newsgroup.

There are some commercial Fortran 90 and 95 test suites at
http://www.fortran.com/tests.html . The NIST Fortran 77 test suite is
at http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/fortran_form.htm . I think the
test suite of gfortran, a Fortran 95 compiler under development and
part of the gcc project, is in
http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/gcc/snapshots/4.0-20041114/gcc-testsuite-4.0-20041114.tar.bz2
. Tests of the "diagnostic capabilities" of Fortran compilers are at
http://www.polyhedron.com/compare/win32/diagnose.html . Also see the
Fortran "Compiler Testing and Evaluation" section at
http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/h/d/hdk/fortran.html#Testing .