test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing

"Gaurav Gautam, Noida" <gauravga@noida.hcltech.com>
20 Nov 2004 21:29:10 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing gauravga@noida.hcltech.com (Gaurav Gautam, Noida) (2004-11-20)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing arargh411@arargh.com (2004-11-26)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2004-11-26)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing beliavsky@aol.com (2004-11-26)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2004-11-29)
Re: test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing henry@spsystems.net (2004-12-11)

From: "Gaurav Gautam, Noida" <gauravga@noida.hcltech.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Nov 2004 21:29:10 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Nov 2004 21:29:10 EST

hi all,

I Am Working To Test A Fortran Compiler(IG Code Generation.... To Be
Specific). Can Anyone Guide Me Abt The Different Techniques Of Doing So. I
Usually Have To Write Test Cases For Doing.
So I Am Looking At The Prospects And Methods Of Automation Of Geneartion Of
Testcases. Does Any One Knows Any Tool Which Can Help To Generate Test
Suites And Test Cases (For Fortran If Specific).
I Am Planning To Design Such A Tool If It Does Not Exist.. I Request All To
Plz Reply Share Their Knowledge In This Regard.

Gaurav Gautam
[When I was working on f77 compilers there were several test suites that at
least verified that the compiler accepts the whole language. Beyond that it
is my impression that most test suites are rather ad-hoc, largely examples
of code that demonstrates bugs that are supposed to be fixed. -John]