Re: Comparing Compilers

"G P" <ganesh.pagade@gmail.com>
14 Nov 2004 22:41:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Comparing Compilers ganesh.pagade@gmail.com (G P) (2004-11-06)
Re: Comparing Compilers touati@prism.uvsq.fr (TOUATI Sid) (2004-11-14)
Re: Comparing Compilers ganesh.pagade@gmail.com (G P) (2004-11-14)
Re: Comparing Compilers ganesh.pagade@gmail.com (G P) (2004-11-17)
Re: Comparing Compilers pohjalai@cc.helsinki.fi (A Pietu Pohjalainen) (2004-11-17)
Re: Comparing Compilers rweaver@ix.netcom.com (Dick Weaver) (2004-11-17)
Re: Comparing Compilers touati@prism.uvsq.fr (TOUATI Sid) (2004-11-28)
Re: Comparing Compilers henry@spsystems.net (2004-12-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "G P" <ganesh.pagade@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Nov 2004 22:41:21 -0500
Posted-Date: 14 Nov 2004 22:41:21 EST

Hi,

As I mentioned, I want to check the performance of two compilers for a
given application, it definitely won't cover documentation and vendor
response. Nor am I concerned with extra flexibility provided by any
compiler.

Yes, I want to check the size of object code, size of executable with
libraries and how good the optimization has been done.

I want to know what should I do to come up with some thing like this:
The application when compiled with compiler X takes more memory (,
startup time, [I want you all to suggest other parameters], etc) than
compiled with compiler Y.
Any pointers in this direction would help.

Regards,
GP
[By performance do you mean how fast the compiler compiles some set of
programs, how fast the object code runs, how fast the libraries are,
how big the object code is? Something else? -John]