announcing abc 1.0.0

Oege de Moor <Oege.de.Moor@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
23 Oct 2004 22:34:19 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
announcing abc 1.0.0 Oege.de.Moor@comlab.ox.ac.uk (Oege de Moor) (2004-10-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Oege de Moor <Oege.de.Moor@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Oct 2004 22:34:19 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 Oct 2004 22:34:19 EDT

We are pleased to announce the availability of abc 1.0.0,
an extensible, optimising compiler for the full AspectJ
language.

abc is available under the GNU Lesser General Public
License (LGPL) from the following website:

    http://aspectbench.org

For developers, abc offers:
  - alternative error messages
  - fast code
  - support through email lists
      and public bugzilla

For researchers, abc offers:
  - an extensible frontend based
      on Polyglot
  - an extensible backend based
      on Soot
  - an ideal platform for experiments
      with new features and optimisations

This is the first public release of abc, and it fixes many
bugs in earlier pre-releases. It has much benefited from the
advice of the AspectJ language designers, in particular
Adrian Colyer, Erik Hilsdale, Jim Hugunin and Gregor Kiczales.
We are also grateful to the authors of Polyglot for their
assistance, in particular to Stephen Chong and Nate Nystrom.

Full credits for authorship of abc 1.0.0 itself can be found
on the above website.

There is a low traffic, moderated mailing list where future
updates of abc will be announced:

        abc-announce@comlab.ox.ac.uk

To join this list, send an email to majordomo@comlab.ox.ac.uk
with 'subscribe abc-announce' in the body.

Enjoy!

      The abc team.