Interface implementation

Ramiro Rodriguez <ramiro@cs.cornell.edu>
12 Oct 2004 00:57:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interface implementation ramiro@cs.cornell.edu (Ramiro Rodriguez) (2004-10-12)
Re: Interface implementation andi@a4.complang.tuwien.ac.at (2004-10-17)
Re: Interface implementation tzvetanmi@yahoo.com (2004-10-17)
Re: Interface implementation vbdis@aol.com (2004-10-17)
Re: Interface implementation eeide@cs.utah.edu (Eric Eide) (2004-10-17)
Re: Interface implementation cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2004-10-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ramiro Rodriguez <ramiro@cs.cornell.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Oct 2004 00:57:23 -0400
Posted-Date: 12 Oct 2004 00:57:23 EDT

I am writing a small compiler and i want the language to have
interfaces. The problem I am having is how to implement function calls
efficiently. When having simple class inheritance and polymorphism we
can have a call table and the function call be be mapped in assembly as
an offset into the table. However for things like interfaces this seems
to be not as easy if one allows multiple interface implementation. I
could do a table which is referenced by the name of the function but I
am wondering if there is some more efficient way of doing this.

Thanks