Bytecode Image Questions

"news.tkdsoftware.com" <chris@noreply.nospam.tkdsoftware.com>
21 Sep 2004 22:22:28 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bytecode Image Questions chris@noreply.nospam.tkdsoftware.com (news.tkdsoftware.com) (2004-09-21)
Re: Bytecode Image Questions nick.roberts@acm.org (Nick Roberts) (2004-09-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "news.tkdsoftware.com" <chris@noreply.nospam.tkdsoftware.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Sep 2004 22:22:28 -0400
Posted-Date: 21 Sep 2004 22:22:28 EDT

Does anyone have any input on the best way to layout the memory
addressing scheme for a bytecode stack machine system? Is there any
benefit in having a dual-stack system where the code and literal
resource pool (such as string table, external library table, and
export table references) are stored in a memory block and a second
memory stack is used for all stack operations? Reason I ask is that
some past code generators I've used have specified a maximum data
segment size of 32k. What does this typically imply?

Thanks in advance!